How We Help
Simply put, the goal of the Employment Connection Youth Program is to ensure that the academic, training, post-secondary education and employment needs of young people are met.
Employment Connection serves youth between the ages of 14-21. Youth in this age range are further classified as either In-School or Out-of-School. Services offered reflect the priorities of each of these unique populations.
Youth Resource Center
Located at the Employment Connection, 1020 Bolivar Road, 2nd floor, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, the Youth Resource Center will provide youth 18 – 23 years connection to barrier removal services and assistance in seeking and securing employment through:
- Skill Assessment
- Computer Lab for Internet Job Search
- Job Club – share openings and learn tips on securing a job
- Workshops – such as:
o Financial Literacy
o Interviewing Skills Practice
o Navigating the College Scene
for more information.
Information for In-School Youth
In-School priorities include comprehensive and integrated services that promote academic achievement, successful graduation, awareness of post-secondary and technical education, work readiness and connections to the world of work. The focus is on attainment of a high school diploma or GED, preparation for post-secondary college or technical schools and assistance with work related goals including successful attachment to employment.
Click here for 2012 In‑School Directory.
Information for Out-of-School Youth
Out-of-School priorities for younger youth (age 14-18) include:
- Returning to high school, when possible, for education completion
- Tutoring/academic support
- Leadership skills development
- Awareness of post-secondary education and technical education opportunities
- Work readiness training including a focus on soft skills and career exploration
- Connections to the world of work
Out-of-School priorities for older youth (ages 19-21) include:
Click here for 2012 Out-of-School Directory.
- Emphasis on obtaining GED
- Job search/job readiness skills training including a focus on soft skills and career exploration
- Resume and interview classes
- Skills & aptitude assessment
- Connection to post-secondary education and technical training opportunities
- Occupational skills training leading to obtainment of a certificate